PSSUQ stand for ‘Post-Study System Usability Questionnaire’.
What is the PSSUQ?
The Post-Study System Usability Questionnaire (PSSUQ) is a research instrument that was developed for use in scenario-based usability evaluation at IBM.
PSSUQ consists of 19 items aimed to address the following five system usability characteristics: quick completion of work, ease of learning, high-quality documentation and online information, functional adequacy and rapid acquisition of usability experts and several different user groups that were identified by a panel of IBM Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) experts.
A follow-up study on the PSSUQ using five years of data produced similar psychometric properties between the original survey and the follow-up study survey. The environment that the original PSSUQ instrument used at IBM to assess the user satisfaction of the usability was enterprise-wide and networked office application suites. The follow-up study domain was speech recognition systems.
Post-Study System Usability Questionnaire Items
- Overall, I am satisfied with how easy it is to use this system
- It was simple to use this system
- I could effectively complete the tasks and scenarios using this system
- I was able to complete the tasks and scenarios quickly using this system
- I was able to efficiently complete the tasks and scenarios using this system
- I felt comfortable using this system
- It was easy to learn to use this system
- I believe I could become productive quickly using this system
- The system gave error messages that clearly told me how to fix problems
- Whenever I made a mistake using the system, I could recover easily and quickly
- The information (such as on-line help, on-screen messages, and other documentation) provided with this system was clear
- It was easy to find the information I needed
- The information provided for the system was easy to understand
- The information was effective in helping me complete the tasks and scenarios
- The organization of information on the system screens was clear
- The interface of this system was pleasant
- I liked using the interface of this system
- This system has all the functions and capabilities I expect it to have
- Overall, I am satisfied with this system